Oven Roasted Okra & Red Onion
1 lb. fresh okra
1 small red onion, sliced
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil
- Wash the okra then cut into small, bite size pieces (about ½ inch thick), discarding the tops and tails and place them in a large bowl
- Slice the red onion into thin strips about 2 inches long
- Add the onion pieces to the large bowl with the okra then add the olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and pepper
- Spread the mixture out on the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, then remove the pan and stir the mixture around
- Place back in the oven and let roast for 10-15 more minutes, until okra and onions begin to get crisp.
- Remove and enjoy!