Welcome to the information site for the Knox County, Tennessee Farmers' Market Nutrition Program!
This site is designed to assist shoppers in locating markets and vendors that accept the WIC-FMNP vouchers.
About the WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program:
- Provides printed vouchers that WIC participants can use to purchase locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs from farmers’ markets
- Provides nutrition education to WIC participants
- Supports local farmers and their families.
Additional nutrition incentive programs offering vouchers for fresh produce at Knox County farmers’ markets:
- Double Up Food Bucks: Many farmers’ markets in Knox County also accept SNAP/P-EBT and double SNAP benefits through Double Up Food Bucks. To learn more about SNAP and Double Up Food Bucks visit doubleuptn.org.
- Nourish Kids: Many Knoxville farmers’ markets offer free activities and vouchers for children with Nourish Kids. Any child ages 2-12 can visit the market to participate in an activity, taste a produce sample, and receive $5 in Produce Bucks to spend on fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, mushrooms, and food-producing plants at the market. For more information and a schedule, visit nourishknoxville.org.
- Nourish Moves: At the New Harvest Farmers’ Market, Nourish Knoxville offers Nourish Moves, a program that incentives getting outside and participating in physical activity at farmers’ markets. Anyone ages 2-12 can visit the market to pick up a pedometer, take steps around the market, and receive $3 in Produce Bucks to spend on fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, mushrooms, and food-producing plants at the market. For more information and a schedule, visit nourishknoxville.org.
How to use FMNP Vouchers:
- Vouchers may be used only at FMNP authorized farmers’ stands. Do not use FMNP vouchers at grocery stores.
- Only TN grown vegetables, herbs, and fruits may be purchased.
- The farmer cannot give change. Purchase as close to $5 increments as possible.
- If your purchase is more than the value of your vouchers you must pay the difference with your own money.
- You may use all of your vouchers in one visit to the market or you may spend them at various booths and markets through July and August.
- Sign vouchers before shopping.
- Vouchers must be spent by August 31, 2023.